Mission: NourishPHX (fka ICM Food & Clothing Bank) is the trusted community hub serving vulnerable individuals and families by offering resources to satisfy immediate needs and to provide pathways to self-sufficiency. The organization provides food, clothing, hygiene, seasonal programming, job assistance and referral resources to working-poor families, seniors and individuals in the Central/South Phoenix area.
History: NourishPHX has been a charitable organization since 1983. Initially founded by an inter-faith coalition in the 70’s, NourishPHX continues to work with the faith community and the same founders today. We have a small staff of eight people and volunteers continue to support the operations of the organization. For more information, visit www.nourishphx.org.
Goal: Lead and support the Case Managers and Volunteer Coordinator in order to ensure consistent, effective delivery of the programming for SNAP Outreach, SNAP to Work, class coordination, donation drive/in-kind gift and partner outreach coordination. Manage external programmatic relationships with partners, other staff, and Board of Directors as well as internally organize processes and procedures. Someone who can keep our activities well-organized, professional and always growing.
Position Summary: The Program Director is responsible for the development, direction, implementation, and achievement of goals for programs listed above. The Program Director assesses Program needs, designs Programs, measures, and evaluates their effectiveness, and measures their impact. The Program Director is responsible for leading and coaching staff to effectively meet the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization as well as the programs. The Program Director is a member of the Executive Team.
Commitment: This is a full-time paid position typically requiring 40 hours per week. Work duties outside of normal business hours will be required at times.
Accountability: The Program Director reports to the Executive Director.
- Participates in the Executive Team and serves as a leader in the organization
- Represents the program team and reports on programmatic progress, successes, and challenges finding solutions to those challenges
- Contributes to the development of organizational long- and short-term goals and establishes strategies for successful implementation of those plans and achievement of those goals
- Communicates effectively with Development Director on program needs
- Collaborates with the Executive Director to establish strategic partnerships
- Professionally represents the organization in the community
- Keeps stakeholders informed with detailed and accurate reports and presentations
- Leads, oversees, and supports the SNAP Outreach and SNAP to Work programs
- Creates and organizes classroom programming, including financial and nutrition education
- Develops, implements, monitors, revises, and evaluates the program processes and outcomes
- Maintains files, records and ensures that reports are remitted in a timely manner
- Routinely monitors and evaluates program effectiveness:
- Run reports and analyze data to measure program effectiveness according to program goals (outputs and outcomes),
- Identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
- Enhances efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- May work within other programs, such as the food pantry and clothing room during services when needed
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to organize in-kind donations through food/clothing drives and seasonal programs, such as the Holiday Toy Drive and Back-to-School Drive.
Staff Management Responsibilities:
- Continuously evaluates efficiency of programmatic systems, procedures, and staff and makes improvements as needed
- Establishes relationships with external partners to provide additional services to clients at our facility. We currently work with Univ. of Arizona mobile medical unit, a group of barbers for free haircuts, First Teeth First, a mobile vet unit from the Humane Society to name a few
- Works with external partners to provide programming in the classroom
- Provides community outreach and marketing to promote programs and classes via social media, flyers, etc.
- Coordinates with Volunteer Coordinator to utilize skilled volunteers within the programming and to teach classes
- Implements a system for setting goals and objectives with staff and monitoring the accomplishment of these goals throughout the year
- Communicates to the Executive Director and provides reports to the Board of Directors
- Models and maintains a climate of inclusion, accountability, and respect
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Attends agency events, including fundraisers, community events, and client celebrations
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate
- Complies with all organizational policies and procedures
- On occasion, joins Development Director and Volunteer Coordinator in meetings with grant makers, donors, volunteers, or other stakeholders in the community
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher, with 5 years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience working with populations experiencing poverty
- Proven experience designing, implementing, measuring, and evaluating nonprofit programmatic services
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and the internet
- Database management experience preferred
- Be highly detail-oriented and self-managed
- Work well in a small team environment, helping other staff members when needed
- Demonstrate strong, effective leadership skills and excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and in writing)
- Passion for working in human services and in the nonprofit sector
Work Environment: The work environment is in the office during direct services (normally from 8:30AM-1:00 PM) and working remotely is an option as agreed to with your supervisor.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and your résumé to: Beth Fiorenza, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Salary Range: $60-70K
NourishPhx an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Follow us on IG @nourishphoenix
YouTube: Nourish Phoenix