Client Engagement Rep:
Reports to Program Director
Mission: NourishPHX (fka ICM Food & Clothing Bank) is the trusted community hub serving vulnerable individuals and families by offering resources to satisfy immediate needs and to provide pathways to self-sufficiency. The organization provides food, clothing, hygiene, seasonal programming, classes, job assistance and referral resources to working-poor families, seniors and individuals in the Central/South Phoenix area.
History: NourishPHX has been a charitable organization since 1983. Initially founded by an inter-faith coalition in the 70’s, NourishPHX continues to work with the faith community and the same founders today. We have a small staff of eight people and volunteers continue to support the operations of the organization. For more information, visit www.nourishphx.org.
The Client Engagement Rep position provides direct service to individuals who utilize NourishPHX and our services, by way of outreach and engagement, to connect individuals to our programs as well as other resources from neighboring nonprofits & partners, such as the Human Services Campus. The Client Engagement Rep is responsible for speaking with people waiting for services, explains needed ID/documentation and provides for the safety and security of all employees, visitors, volunteers and our customers. The position maintains relations among all constituents ensuring a welcoming environment and maintaining the dignity and respect for all who enter. Our main customer are families with children and for approximately 40% Spanish is their primary language, but our organization is near the Human Services Campus which has many un-housed/homeless individuals living in on the streets/in tents seeking assistance.
• Must embrace the mission of serving others;
• Greet our customers/clients at the door from 8:30AM-11AM;
• Provide accurate and comprehensive information, including our policies and procedures, to clients regarding NourishPHX services and other human services by partnering nonprofits;
• Provide a high level of Customer Service; may assist clients needing additional help such as young families, seniors and disabled clients in and out of their cars;
• Maintain organized and clean work area;
• Monitor and maintain lobby and bathrooms for cleanliness and safety;
• May include some afternoon hours as assigned;
• Engage clients with a welcoming and positive attitude as they seek needed services, (food, clothing, hygiene, as well as SNAP Outreach and Job Resources);
• May include helping to prepare food pantry for next day;
• Cleaning at end of shift, including lobby, bathrooms and outside area.
• Written and verbal communication skills (Bilingual English/Spanish a plus).
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with staff, clients, and other external contacts.
• Ability to handle sensitive material, maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and displaying sound judgment. Trauma-informed care training a plus.
• Valid Driver’s License and an additional form of ID
• Mobility sufficient to conduct regular duties throughout the day.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds in order to safely manage food boxes, office supplies and equipment.
Must be over the age of 18 and have a high school diploma or equivalent; a minimum of 1-year customer service experience, social services or Human Services. Knowledge of nonprofit resources and the ability to work with individuals with diverse needs. Demonstrates a sensitivity to cultural diversity, and differing lifestyles.
Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally, work as a team player and at times, independently; the ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and maintain a calm demeanor in high stress situations. Must demonstrate personal responsibility and integrity, show initiative and an ability to work independently; with a sensitivity to cultural diversity, lifestyle understanding is essential.
This might not be the right fit for you if:
• You are uncomfortable meeting and/or talking to new people
• Are hesitant to innovating current processes
• Become overwhelmed by fast paced environments
• Have a hard time making decisions
• Are uncomfortable with change
• Prefer your own permanent desk and space
• Are uncomfortable around individuals that may be different than you
• An ability to work independently with minimal supervision
NourishPHX is actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to support the incredible diversity of the clients we serve in Central City South.
Special Considerations: this position requires working outdoors for most of the morning.
Hours: 8AM-1PM Monday –Friday, other hours assigned as necessary
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and your résumé to: Beth Fiorenza, Executive Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
NourishPHX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $15-20 per hour depending on experience
Follow us on IG @nourishphoenix
YouTube: Nourish Phoenix