SNAP to Work Coordinator
SNAP to Work Coordinator – NourishPHX
Reports to: Program Director
Mission: NourishPHX (fka ICM Food & Clothing Bank) is the trusted community hub serving vulnerable individuals and families by offering resources to satisfy immediate needs and to provide pathways to self-sufficiency. The organization provides food, clothing, hygiene, seasonal programming, job assistance and referral resources to working-poor families, seniors and individuals in the Central/South Phoenix area.
History: NourishPHX has been a charitable organization since 1983. Initially founded by an inter-faith coalition in the 70’s, NourishPHX continues to work with the faith community and the same founders today. We have a small staff of eight people and volunteers continue to support the operations of the organization. For more information, visit www.nourishphx.org.
The SNAP to Work Coordinator coaches SNAP participants to gain skills, training, or work experience to increase their ability to obtain regular employment that leads to economic self-sufficiency. Additionally, the program offers a way to allow SNAP recipients to meet SNAP work requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Under limited supervision, provides job search and job placement coaching to SNAP; maximize access to workforce resources on behalf of SNAP recipients seeking assistance at NourishPHX
• Receive and track referrals of SNAP recipients to the Program to ensure compliance of mandatory participants; assist in the assessment, Employability Plan development and component placement activities for program participants; coordinate with staff to provide SNAP recipients maximum access to employment resources available.
• Schedules appointments for clients interested in the program between the hours of 8AM and 2PM on weekdays.
• Monitor and generate reports documenting client participation hours, component involvement and job placement activity monthly; assume lead responsibility for the completion of data entry of client participation data into the tracking database timely and accurately.
• Assist in the development of the SNAP to Work program and collaborates with the Program Director on strategies internally, as well as with our partners to increase the number of SNAP recipients who are successful in obtaining employment.
• Train and recruit volunteers to work as mentors and/or class trainers.
• Has experience working with a diverse group of individuals.
• Manages Case Manager Program and communicates with case managers from collaborating organizations to the agency.
• Assists with SNAP (EBT) signups for clients when necessary.
• Occasionally attends outreach events to spread the message of NourishPHX that may be on weekends or evenings.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher, with 2 years of professional experience in human services, social services or career counseling. Nonprofit organization experience a plus.
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and the internet
• Highly detail oriented, organized and driven
• Database management experience preferred
• Work well in a small team environment, helping other staff members when needed
• Demonstrate initiative and excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and in writing)
• Passion for working in human services and the nonprofit sector.
• Outgoing, respectful and discreet. Ability to remain calm and friendly with people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
• Career counseling, coaching background
• Must be able to lift 35lbs
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000 annually.
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment as well as community spaces. Employee is required to be in office during client service hours 9 AM to 12 PM, with flexibility working from home as agreed to with your supervisor.
NourishPHX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Commitment: This is a full time paid position requiring 40 hours per week. Work duties outside of normal business hours will be required at times.
How to Apply
– Please submit resume and cover letter to Kat Eglezos, Program Director at email@example.com. The position will be open until filled.
Follow us on IG @nourishphoenix
YouTube: Nourish Phoenix