SNAP Outreach Coordinator (Position Filled)
SNAP Outreach Coordinator – NourishPHX
Reports to: Program Director
Mission: NourishPHX (fka ICM Food & Clothing Bank) is the trusted community hub serving vulnerable individuals and families by offering resources to satisfy immediate needs and to provide pathways to self-sufficiency. The organization provides food, clothing, hygiene, seasonal programming, job assistance and referral resources to working-poor families, seniors and individuals in the Central/South Phoenix area.
History: NourishPHX has been a charitable organization since 1983. Initially founded by an inter-faith coalition in the 70’s, NourishPHX continues to work with the faith community and the same founders today. We have a small staff of eight people and volunteers continue to support the operations of the organization. For more information, visit www.nourishphx.org.
NourishPhx, formerly ICM Food & Clothing Bank, seeks a SNAP Outreach Coordinator. The SNAP Outreach Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly food stamps) application assistance to people visiting NourishPhx and also refer to our Workforce Program. This also includes providing program information and eligibility pre-screening. Must be able to document all services provided in an electronic database and work to develop new outreach locations, conduct online outreach, problem-solve, and create best practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist with SNAP (food stamp) applications and enroll eligible customers into the workforce program – work onsite, community sites (e.g. libraries, partner agencies, etc.) and Zoom to provide education, pre-screening, and online application assistance to low-income individuals/families about SNAP.
2. Provide program information and referral help – to individuals, families, and community networks based on a comprehensive understanding of food resources and other available benefits. Must learn ins and outs of the benefits application process. Responsible for remaining up-to-date with changes in SNAP and sharing this knowledge with local partners.
3. Provide follow-up assistance – call a sample of clients who were assisted to determine the outcome of their application. Where possible, help them navigate barriers to complete the enrollment process. This position is responsible to maintain an approval rate of at least 80% for submitted applications.
4. Community partnerships – find new locations for SNAP outreach by building relationships with the community, local government offices, social service agencies, and other partners. Occasionally represent NourishPhx at community networking meetings.
5. Reporting and administration – record all activity in a timely fashion in online database or excel spreadsheet for funding and evaluation purposes.
6. Collaborating, strategizing, and advocating – must attend monthly conference calls and trainings as assigned. Assist with developing outreach materials based on new learning. Bring new ideas to the table to develop successful SNAP outreach.
7. Answers phone calls and returns messages on general organizational services and refers clients to other resources as possible.
1. Bilingual English/Spanish Required
2. High School Diploma or Equivalent
3. 1 – 2 years of professional administrative experience.
4. Commitment to alleviating poverty through food assistance; ability to promote the food bank’s mission, vision, and values.
5. Highly organized, detail oriented, timely, thorough; pro-active communicator.
6. Must be highly independent, self-motivated, and goal-oriented. Ability to create, organize, and stick to your own schedule with minimal oversight.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Zoom and data entry.
8. Outgoing, respectful, and discreet. Ability to remain calm and friendly with people from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds.
– Please submit resume and cover letter to Kat Eglezos, Program Director at email@example.com. The position will be open until filled.
Follow us on IG @nourishphoenix
YouTube: Nourish Phoenix